I had to get a post in here about the 4th! This is one of my absolute favorite holidays. I made a goal to myself to stay out of the hospital until after the 4th so that I could enjoy it with my family. I was SO happy to meet my goal. It wasn't the exact same as every 4th because I couldn't do as much but I still loved it!
Earlier in the week my sister Kristina and her cute kids, Jake, Emma, and Pete came up to play for a few days since they weren't going to be able to spend the 4th with us. We had fun blowing bubbles, doing a little swimming, and of course playing on the jungle gym (a.k.a. uncle Bracken).


Little Em with her makeup on. She is gorgeous.
Say "Cheese"--cute Pete!
Snuggling "Nana"
Emma snuggling with McCoy

Brack started the day off by going to the DATC with his dad for the annual breakfast, which he loved like usual. For the first time my family decided to stake out a place the day before for the parade to be sure I had shade and a big enough spot for us. It was genius. Jeff and Brack picked a perfect spot toward the beginning of the parade so we were able to make it out of there quickly. We had a nice canopy, chairs, (I sat on a lawn chair with my puffy feet up), and had a cooler ready for drinks. All of our planning was great but it did up being PERFECT weather for a parade. It was warm but cloudy so we wen't dying from the heat. It ended up being my parents, my sister Nat, her hubby Jeff, and their boy McCoy and us. McCoy loved everything about the parade. He couldn't stop clapping! It really got me excited to add 3 little ones to the festivities next year. After the parade Brack and I went to his parents for a little lunch. I then went home to sleep while Brack swam with his family. It was hard to pass up swimming but my sleep is oh so important ;) Later during the day we went to my parents for a BBQ and fireworks. My brother Bobby and his family came over and my nephews all did a little swimming in the kiddy pool at my parents. I love watching them all play. I love them to death!!! This is little Gavin, getting so big now! I still can't believe that once my babies are born my parents will have 6 grandkids within 1 year of each other. It's going to be SO crazy and SO fun!
Mom, Dad, Nat, and Jeff (we all had matching 4th of July shirts, aren't we cute?)
Cute Brack, even though he won't smile
Our candy grabbers
McCoy enjoying the parade
My set up at the parade. Hate the pictures these days but have to document things...
McCoy playing with me
Cute 4th of July baby with his cousins :)
Me and baby Gavin


Cousin loves--McCoy and Brody
After playing with the kids and stuffing our face, we went out and Brack set off some of his own fireworks. It was fun to do because Brack and I haven't done our own ever since we were married. Once again, little McCoy LOVED it! By the time we finished that, I was EXHAUSTED!! Although I spent most of the day trying to keep my legs up, my feet and legs hurt so bad. So we headed home from my parents and as we got close decided to park and watch the Kaysville fireworks. Of course, they were awesome. Kaysville really knows how to throw a party on the 4th. There is nothing like it! I was so glad to be able to enjoy the holiday! I cannot believe next year it will be so differnt with the kids. I cannot wait!
Brody playing with "snaps"
Harley during the fireworks, she actually did really good

Brack doing his fireworks.
We hope everyone had a great holiday!
5 comments:
i'm glad you got to celebrate the 4th! Stay in there babies! You look cute in those pics- you'll be glad you took them :)
i can't believe how good you look ju! i know sometimes it doesn't feel that way, but good for you for taking pictues :) you'll be so glad you did! we miss you guys... mama ju, and brack the jungle gym!
I too love the 4th. You look great! I'm so glad your doing so well.
Wow, you look like you only have one baby in there! Serious, you look grand! Keep us updated!
I'm so glad you had a wonderful 4th! I must say I am pretty impressed that you managed to get that Old Navy shirt over your triple baby belly!
Post a Comment