Tuesday, July 21, 2009

30 weeks and pregnancy why's....

WOOT WOOT! I made it to 30 weeks! Can you believe it? I sure can't. I'm so happy to have made it to such another big milestone. It is huge fore the babies. The average length of triplet pregnancies lasts 30-32 weeks so I have made the goal. The doctor is excited and happy to have made it to this point, especially with doing as well as I have! I have been extremely blessed to be able to carry these 3 babies. I truly did not know if I could make it. Even the doctor didn't know what to expect because I am so short and have other medical issues. I know there are many mom's out there that have gone through a lot more than me with their pregnancies but really this has been one of the hardest things I have ever done. The pass 3 weeks I wasn't sure if I could make it to this goal and I'm so happy I have.

Here are the "whys" of pregnancy that talk about a few things I have been going through that I just don't understand sometimes...

-Why does nausea come back at the end of pregnancy?

-Why is nausea the worse when you lay down and are trying to sleep?

-Why do my babies tell me that I am starving yet my stomach is so smashed I can hardly fit any food? It's not a comfortable joke.

-Why does my baby boy (also known as baby A, the lowest baby) think that every single night when I'm ready to go to sleep he needs to wake up? It causes serious issues with my bladder.

-Why do you feel like you are going to pee your pants and then hardly any comes out? (TMI!)

-Why am I told to drink more fluid to help with all the fluid I'm holding in my legs? It doesn't help, it just makes me have to deal with the prior why.

-Why is it that no matter the number of pillows, kicking Brack into another bed, and taking sleeping medication I still can't get a good nights rest?
-Why is it that water can even give me heartburn?

-Why do I have to have so much fluid in my legs that I can hardly bend my knees?

-Why does baby C always push against anything that touches her? She doesn't like to be bugged. (We're in for it)

-Why do the babies move like crazy until someone besides me touches my belly?

-Why does pregnancy cause you to forget EVERYTHING? I used to think this was fake until I got pregnant. You really lose brain cells I think.
-Why, no matter how hard I try, can I not avoid spilling on myself at every single meal? It drives Bracken nuts!
Ok that is all that I can think of for now. Some of those things I know the answers to, but I want to remember some of the things that I have experienced.

28 1/2 weeks

30 weeks baby!

So for week 30, I have an appointment tomorrow. We will have an ultrasound to see how big the babies are and I can't wait to see. I hope they are big and healthy. As of now my blood pressure is still creeping up. It is 140-150/80 but has been at this point for a little over a week now. They checked me at my last appointment and there were no signs of pre-eclampsia. I had a steroid shot to mature the babies lungs already. That made me happy because I felt like if anything happens we will be ready now. I am holding a TON of fluid on my whole body but mostly the bottom half. I look like I have elephant feet and no knees. It is annoying. At first it would go down at night but now it is just constant. Little boy is just sitting so low that he is cutting off circulation. I keep my legs up almost all day and as long as they are up they do not hurt. Once they are down and the circulation is worse, the pain comes. I mainly feel it in my knees and ankles. The doctor doesn't seem to be too concerned with it. It could be a sign of pre-eclampsia but we are watching that so closely and I do not have it yet :) It is just annoying and uncomfortable for me. I still have not been placed on Dr. ordered bed rest but because of this puffiness and lack of energy I do spend about 90% of my time down. I do not go out shopping or running errands but I occasionally go to my parents or to get a bite to eat with Brack. As of last week I was measuring 44 weeks! If you can imagine, I'm big and uncomfortable. I don't have a lot of clothes that fit over my belly or my big, fluid filled legs, so I'm in my pajamas most of the day. Other than that, not a whole lot is going on. We are basically done with the nursery and organizing all of the clothes, etc. There is still a little decorating I would like to do but it might have to happen after these little ones come.

Bracken has been such a huge help while I have been down more. He is busy and stressed at work and comes home and is busy taking care of me and the house. He doesn't complain and just wants what is best for me and the kids. He knows I am quite miserable and tries to do anything to help. He is going to be such a good dad, I cannot wait!

Also, my family has been such a huge help. I really don't know if I could have made it this far without them, especially my mom and sister. They have been there to drive me around, take me to doctor appointments, feed me, help with the babies room, rub my puffy legs, paint my toenails, etc. They have been amazing. I cannot thank them enough for all that they have done for us.

This post has ended up being a lot longer than I had planned. I just want to be sure to document when I can because I'm not the best at writing in my journal lately. I'm excited to go to my appointment tomorrow to see what the plan is and how things are going. I can't believe I could be a mommy so soon! Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I know I could not have made it even to this point without them. We are so blessed.

18 comments:

Chelsea Covington said...

I am proud of you and think of you often. Keep in touch, you will do great!

melissa hogle said...

Ju! I was dying- I mean aboslutely dying for an update. I am so excited for you! You need to text or email me your address soon so I can send you a babies present! I am so excited! I think about you all the time and just hope you know I am always praying for your and the babies' health and safety! Hang in there girl! Its almost time to meet the little ones!

Mat and Brooke said...

You are, and always have been, A-MAZING! I am so happy you have made it this far in the pregnancy and even more thrilled to know that your babies are going to be healthy, beautiful little children. I know that when I'm pregnant with just ONE baby, I'm always holding my breath until I make it this far-- so I'm sure you are just rejoicing every moment :) I just can't tell you how excited I am for you and Bracken. I've known for a long, long time that you two would make wonderful parents. Heavenly Father only sends three babies at once to those who He knows will be; of this I'm sure! Sure love you guys.

ClaysJenna said...

You are so beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see pictures of these darling babies!!! You seriously are a rock star and I just might want your autograph...

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

Sorry you are so uncomfortable. Lots of people are thinking of you! Good luck at the appointment, hope it all goes well!

Julie said...

CONGRATS!!! I knew from facebook that you were doing well but I wasn't sure what week you were at, that is so AWESOME!!! Hang in there and good luck. Sounds like you are doing amazing with that little body of yours way to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Julianne, you probably don't know me, but we both went to good 'ol Davis High. :-) I ran into your blog while blog stalking some friends and I just wanted to say WAY TO GO!!! I have a set of twins that just turned 1 in February, and it just brought tears to my eyes reading your posts about your pregnancy. Thank you for being an inspiration, and keep it up. You are awesome!! :D

Rick and Angie said...

You have made it so far and it will be over before you know it! I can't say I know how you feel but I know that you are doing a good job and A LOT of WORK! Soon, it will be ALL worth it!

Jillian said...

Hey Julianne, just ran across your blog. You really are amazing AND still manage to look beautiful carrying triplets at 30 weeks. I don't know a whole lot of people that could pull that off. I'll be praying for you and the babies! Good luck!

MDtripmom said...

Congratulations on making it to 30 weeks, you are doing phenomenally well! I'm so excited for what your future holds in the weeks ahead and I know that the Lord is mindful of you and what you are going through. Hang in there a little bit longer and the reward will be worth it in triplicate! :)

Kristy and Dave said...

Yay for Ju!!! You are a ROCKSTAR. I can't believe your about finished! You'll have to post pictures of the finished nursery when you can too - I'm dying to see it.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is hang in there! There is a light at the end of the tunnel now. It really is miserable at this point but like Jaime said it's all worth it!!! You are doing everything right to make sure those babies cook as long as they can and they are so lucky to have you as their mommy!!!!

katie thompson said...

you are amazing. i cant wait to meet the little ones.
i was just thinking about how funny ben would be to have as an uncle. and jonathon says that he will bring a casserole when the babies are born. i think that is some joke with the guys.

Nikki & Hal said...

Good job Ju! Keep up the good work, let us know if we can do anything for you guys, you're almost done...I can't believe it!

Nikki & Hal said...

Good job Ju! Keep up the good work, let us know if we can do anything for you guys, you're almost done...I can't believe it!

Marce said...

so you're basically my hero. i loved seeing you this week! made me so happy to spend time catching up....in fact, when you guys left i told mike, awe, did they HAVE to go so soon??? anyway, i love you and think of you every single day...can't wait for ABC to make their debut!!! love you sista friend. xoxo

~Paige~ said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It would be so hard to have your babies around the twenty week period so that is a huge milestone! Im very happy for you Ju, you are going to be an amazing mom to all three of the little peanuts in there :)

Marci + Dan said...

Love the update. We're all anxiously awaiting the arrival of your 3 babes. I even had a dream that you had them and I offered to come babysit. Funny huh?