Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend!

We had such a great Mother's Day weekend! It was full of family, food and FUN! The weekend started with me heading down to my sister's in Mapleton to go to my niece Emma's dance recital. Shs is 5 years old and such a character. She is beautiful, smart and very talented. She danced about 4 or 5 dances and she did such a good job. Seriously, she was the only one that knew the steps and actually was on beat. She is cute. Here are some pictures of her all "dolled" up for her dances. She LOVES to dress up, wear make-up and more importantly get all the attention from everyone. I should've taken more pictures of my family that was there but between 2 little one year olds and keeping my 7 year old nephew entertained through a dance recital, I was busy :)


Little Miss Emma!


Isn't she cute?!


Brack chose not to come because the Jazz were playing!!! I couldn't argue with him there, so he stayed home and spent the night at his parents. GO JAZZ! We are having fun watching all of the playoff games. Luckily Bracken loves his sports and watching them but doesn't have a bad temper when his team doesn't do too good. So it usually ends up being fun watching the games. Congrats to the Jazz for pulling off 2 wins! Lets keep it up.

GO JAZZ!


Saturday was our usual Saturday. Brack got up and went golfing with my dad and brothers, I cleaned up the house and then we ran errands. When we got home from errands there was a package on our door from 1-800-Flowers. Brack ordered me flowers! He is so sweet. He has NEVER done something like this and it totally surprised me. He is SO sweet! I couldn't ask for anyone better! That night we went to dinner and then watched I am Legend with my parents and sister and her husband. I don't know why I agreed to watch this movie for a second time, I hate it. I am a baby and it scares me, plus there is a part that makes me sad. Luckily my sister hates it too so we walked out a couple of times on the parts we didn't want to see.


Brack and Emma on Mother's Day playing outside

Then came Mother's Day. Don't you just love Mother's Day? There is just a good feeling about this day. I know that I am not a mother but hopefully I will be someday so the kind people in my life shared the day with me anyway. At church we got a nice church music CD and then after church we went to my in-laws. I made some dinner for the family and we enjoyed the Jazz game. My mother-in-law is truly one of the BIGGEST Jazz fans I have ever met. Normally she is a fairly calm, reserved woman, who knows how to have fun when its time to have fun but when the Jazz are on, all emotions come out. She is not allowed (by the entire in-law family) to watch the game with everyone else, she has to watch it in her room and all you hear is screaming, clapping, and sometimes other choice words :) It is hilarious. I forgot to take pictures there, I always forget.


Later in the afternoon, we went to my parents house. Everyone was there except for Billy, Jacee, and Kenslee who we missed, but it is always so nice to have the family together. We had a nice bbq and were able to play with all of the nieces and nephews. I think Bracken spent the entire day outside playing football, squeezing into tight places (you will see by the picture) and making the kids laugh. He is such a good uncle to all of them. It ended up being such a fun day, playing, talking, laughing and exchanging gifts.



My nephew Jake showed up as "Luigi" and of course Brack had to jump in on the fun!

Brack, Emma and Jeff (brother-in-law) "stuck" in the play set.

Brack who is about 6'4'' and Jeff who is about 6'3'' and Emma all fit :)


At about this time Brack was going to kill me if I didn't hurry and take the picture so he could get out.



Even though I believe it was supposed to be a big day for my mom, she was nice and gave all of the girls in our family a gift. She is always giving and putting her family first. She is the hardest worker that I know, she is such a good example to me and is exactly what I want to be when I am a mother. I hope she knows how much I love her! To all of you mothers, I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!


These are both a couple pictures or our dog Harley, she loves to play with the kids and chases after balls that are bigger than her :)

7 comments:

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

Sounds like so much fun! Ryan would never get to skip out on a dance recital for a jazz game...cause his mom own's the dance studio! He has been to his fair share...you are nice to let Bracken skip out on them! You say that he never does those romantic things..but I don't believe you...a right hand ring, flowers, I think this is a regular JU!!

Rozalyn said...

Wow! I am going to come hang out with you on Mother's Day next year, you looked like you had so much fun. When did Emma get so big? She is gorgeous! I love the pic of all the guys in the play house. Tell Bracken that he needs to teach Drew how to buy me flowers, way to go Brack! Bracken is so cute with those kids, I guess you better get busy on making those babies!

Whitney said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! Im so glad you posted pictures of your puppy! She is darling.

Jacee McGuire said...

Sounds like a fun time! We miss being able to get together for the fun family parties!

Chris and Brooklyn said...

Hey, you didn't miss a post! I'm two months along, i'm due the first of Jan. We are really excited! Thanks for letting me know about that textbook website,Thats neat! And your puppy is adorable!

Tyler and Shelley said...

Fun Mother's Day Ju! My husband got me four trees and five rose bushes for the yard. I was thrilled! Your neice and nephew are darling!!! I don't really have updates! Tell me yours friend!
Love ya, Shelley

Marce said...

you guys are so cute...and i can't believe how big your nieces/nephews are. WHAT THE HECK!? everyone is growing up. anyway, i love that i have such cute friends :)