Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dr. Bruce and Steve Howard's Office...this is Julianne...

That's right, I am shooting this gun!


Coworkers: Melissa, Tori and Debbie



So the title of this post is something I have said what seems like a thousand times a day for the past 2 years and as of last Tuesday I will no longer be saying that! That's right I quit working at the dental office. Sorry it has taken me so long to post, I actually have a lot to post about but have just been busy. So first things first, a post dedicated to the best job I have ever had and saying goodbye to the girls I will miss so much! The week before my last day we had a scheduled "team retreat". For this we close the office and usually do something as a team, whether it be something fun or CPR certification, or whatever the Dr. wants; then we usually go to lunch. Well this was the funnest team retreat I had been to since I worked there. Dr. Howard is a big outdoors man, loves to hunt, fish, camp, anything. So he decided he wanted to take all of us girls to a shooting range. Most of the girls had never shot a gun, including me. So we headed up to Bountiful, above the "B" and got started. The only bad thing is that once we got up there it started snowing so we were FREEZING! Being girls, we didn't dress real apropriate but we stuck through it and learned to shoot. It was so fun! I was able to shoot 7 different guns, my favorite being 9 mm gun. It was the most powerful of the ones that he brought with him.
Me shooting another gun..yes it was freezing!
Coworker Nikki, she was freezing so she took Dr. Howard's jacket


After shooting we headed to lunch. The lunch was supposed to also be my "goodbye lunch" so we were going to go to Tepanyaki but it didn't open until 3:00. So instead we headed over to Braza Grill. It was good and tons of fun! That was the end of the day. It actually made me really sad to be leaving. Working at that office was such a blessing so many ways. We were ALWAYS laughing and always having fun. I made some of the best friends ever and will miss them so much!! Thanks to Dr. Howard for the wonderful job! And thanks to all you girls for for friendships, I hope we can keep in touch. I will miss our talks, stories, and laughs! I love you all!


Me and Becky!

Me and Nik!

Me, Tori and Nikki warming up at lunch

7 comments:

Jacee McGuire said...

That is such a fun work activity! Sounds like it has been a great place to work. I am sure they will miss you a ton.

J S said...

JU! COME BACK! Sigh... it hasn't even been a week yet and I'm going into depression! I love you, love you, love you! I think the whole office is having Julianne withdrawls. :( Miss you!

Erica said...

Cute post!! And, cute blog! :)

Rozalyn said...

It looks like you had so much fun with those girls and a little sad that you had to leave them, but to be honest I am kinda happy because now I get to have an awesome friend to hang out with this summer!!! We need to do some shopping!

cat.janer said...

Julianne! That gun is bigger than you are. Looks like fun-are you done with work, for the time being, or working somewhere else now?

Nikki & Hal said...

Sad! I was just telling Tor today how much I miss you. PS I hate those pictures of me especially the one where I am wearing Doc's coat...haha!

Kellee said...

Ju I was reading your history on the hair and laughing because I remember all of that through elementary, jr. high and high school-you would never even color it. Haha good memories! Oh, and i love your background!