Sunday, December 13, 2009

More questions...

Ok, I have a few minutes so I'm going to answer a few more questions from people.

First, a question from Jaime:

Q: "Here's a question from a fellow triplet mama and if it's too personal, I completely understand but I'm wondering: Now that you've had triplets, would you consider having another baby down the road? I've had people say to me all the time about how I have an instant family and how I must be done but of course, that's not their decision. Just wondering if you've come across the same thing?"

A: I get asked this question every single time people find out I have triplets. If they don't ask the question then they at least make the comment that I can be done now because I have an instant family. I don't find this question too personal so I'll go ahead and answer it. Of course I would consider having another baby down the road. Would I consider having 3 again? I'm not too sure :) Right now we just feel blessed beyond words that we have these children at all. If we are blessed to have more then I would take it in a heart beat. No we won't be ready for quite some time, and yes our minds could change, but I am not shutting out the idea of having more kids simply because I had 3 at one time. Now, the thought of another pregnancy, in that aspect, I'm happy I got 3 with one pregnancy. I'm not ready for that again (hopefully next time I won't be carrying 3 so it won't be as bad).

Next is a question from Melissa, a.k.a. Mo or Moses:

Q: "Ya I have a question - can I have one of your babies? They are so stinking cute and you DO have three of them...and I only have one baby. So really not giving me one would actually be selfish. Think about it Ju."

A: Too bad you didn't call this past week Mo. I was having a sale at my house, buy 1 get 2 free! It was quite the deal :) Too bad you missed it. Some days though, hopefully this is like most moms and doesn't make me a bad mom, I would give you one of them. Choosing between the 3 screaming children would be hard though...ha ha. I do think they are stinking cute and I think everyone should want one but no they are mine. I'm sorry. Try again soon, the sale comes around every so often...

And finally the last one for tonight is a question from my sister-in-law Erica:

Q: "You're doing an amazing job at raising these 3 adorable babies- but, if you could have a whole 24 hours to yourself... what would you want to do? Lay on the beach? spend a day at the spa? (that's where I would be! At a spa ON the beach!) wanna join me?"

A: 24 hours to myself? I can't even hardly imagine that right now. One thing I have learned about being a mommy is that you are never really "off duty". You never really have a break, even when you leave the kids at home with someone else. You are still a phone call away about medicine, feeding, pooping, screaming, etc. You have a time limit and have to stick to it to be home in time. So this is a hard question. I think what I would do right now is sleep a lot. Sleep the deepest sleep I have had in months. No one fussing for a binkie, no one hungry, no one crying. I would sleep in. I would go to a spa or a beauty salon to let someone get me all done up, that is something that really hasn't happened since having the kids. I would enjoy some quiet time with only my thoughts, maybe read, shop, anything. But most importantly, I would get out of the house! A whole day to just myself...sounds beautiful. I know I would miss my babies and my husband but I can dream right....ahhhh.

Well that is it for now. I was going to upload a picture but my computer is freaking out. I really really need to get it fixed as soon as possible before something bad happens!

5 comments:

Mat and Brooke said...

You have every bit of my respect and love...for every single thing you have done and continue to do for those three sweet little babies. :) What a beautiful sacrifice motherhood really is.

Marce said...

you're the cutest! seriously. you are. i am amazed by how you have not only handled, but CONQUERED this thing called motherhood. you should teach classes :) hope you're hanging in there ok! can't wait to see more pics of the cuties.

xoxo

Hale-O There said...

Buy one get two free;)
You're great, way to be a super mom!

MDtripmom said...

Great answers! You are doing a fantastic job. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing mommy!!! You are doing so wonderful and your babies are very blessed to have you as their momma!!!