Thursday, March 26, 2009

BABIES!!!!

I had an appointment on Wednesday and everything is going great. I am about 14 weeks (slowest moving pregnancy ever it seems) and happy to say goodbye to the first trimester. I have started to get a little more energy but still get tired really easily. Growing 3 babies isn't easy work :)

Brack is getting very anxious to find out what we are having so we can start getting more things ready. He is making plans for the nursery but can't do a whole lot without knowing the sexes of the babies. So far work is keeping him very very busy (thank goodness) and he is still busy going to school a couple of nights a week. He is a very hard worker and I am lucky for that. He also has had to take on more duties around the house and I never ever hear him complain about it. I'm teaching him how to do the laundry (yes, he hasn't ever done it in the 4 years we have been married), he has taken to cleaning the kitchen a couple of times a week because I'm a freak about a clean kitchen, and he frequently is picking up after me. Oh the beauties of not being able to do anything from fatigue and sickness. He's also getting use to it for when I am on bed rest and when my life is full of just being a mom. He is such a good sport. He is getting excited for the babies and wishes he could come to more ultrasounds to see them. He loves the pictures and DVDs though.

I am getting more and more excited about the babies. To be honest, both of us are still going through the adjustment phase of finding out about the triplets. It is a lot to take in and our lives are changing dramatically. There are a lot of emotions to go through but we are excited. Each time I get an ultrasound I get so excited. I can't even find the words to explain how amazing it is to see all 3 babies inside of me. It seems so unreal. What a miracle it is to see. I still can't believe it sometimes that I have been blessed like this. Although it is going to be hard, it will be amazing to have these 3 babies. I just think that there must be a reason that these 3 have to come together and why they are supposed to come to our family. We won't be able to fully understand it until they are here. We have no doubt though that this is the Lord's plan for us and that we are blessed because of it.


This is at about 10.5 or 11 weeks. (I had more pictures but hated the most recent one so I'll post one from my trip when I get back.)

Like I said, I am starting to feel better and have more energy. My mom and sister have been helping me get a little organization done around the house. I feel like I need to organize what I have now because my life will be taken over by baby things. There is a lot of crap we have accumulated in the time we have been married that we just need to get rid of. Plus it helps with the anxiety I am having to actually accomplish something. I am getting bigger and bigger every week. I'm putting on weight like I am supposed to and trying to be as healthy as I can. I have been reading a lot of books on multiples and learning A LOT! I'm also trying to get in contact with a few moms of triplets and it has helped me to learn and feel better about things. Thanks ladies :) At my appointment Wednesday I was measuring about 18 weeks (although I think I look bigger than that). Oh well, I don't have anywhere for it to go but out. The pregnancy back pains and rib pains have started and too early if you ask me. I think it is because my belly came on so fast that my muscles haven't had time to fulloy stretch. Bracken has been great about a nhightly back rub and bought me a heating pad to use every night to relax me enough to sleep. All of the babies are measuring as big as they should, normal size for any baby for as far along as I am. Two of them are even measuring a week ahead which is great!! I will post a few pictures that I got of them Wednesday. They are looking like babies now and I love seeing them!

Side picture of Baby A


Baby B with arm up to it's head


Cute profile pic of Baby B



Baby C sprawled out horizontally across my belly

Tomorrow Bracken and I are going on a last minute vacation. We decided that with the change that we are going through we should get away with each other. It will be so nice. We are going on a 5 day cruise from San Diego, to Catalina Island, and Ensendada Mexico. I have been to these places but we got a killer deal and just need a get away. We cannot wait!!!

I'll post when we get back. Thanks for everyones nice thoughts and prayers, they are very much needed and appreciated.

14 comments:

katie thompson said...

That is so amazing. If you guys ever need anything call us.

Brianne said...

Seriously amazing. I can't wait to see little Ju pushing around a stroller for 3!!

Meghan said...

Julianne! I am so excited for you! I am glad everything is going so well! My hubby's sister had triplets...ALL THREE WERE GIRLS! She ended up having them at 32 weeks and all three are beautiful 4 year olds right now! The hardest part for her, was that this was her 3rd, 4th, and 5th child. So she had her hands full! You will be such a great Mommy to these little angels! I am so anxious to find out what you are having! Boys? Girls? A mix? You have to blog when your Ultrasound appt is and when you will find out! What a fun summer you have ahead of you!

Brandon and Sienna said...

I am so happy for you, too bad we don't live by each other so our babies can be friends. I am coming to Utah this weekend for conference, are you in town? I would love to see you.

Chris and Brooklyn said...

This is amazing Ju. I can only imagine that it is still sinking in, I think about you all the time! I can't believe I know someone having triplets!! The babies looks so cute even in the ultrasound! You will LOVE having your mom close by, my mom saved me a lot of times!

Megs said...

I just love that you are having triplets. Goodness Julianne - go big or go home! ;) You will be a wonderful mother! Hope everything continues to go ok!

Megan Hauze said...

You are doing great it sounds like. You are smart to get as much organized now as you can. That is what I did, and now I am SOOO glad I did. I am excited to find out what you are having. I don't think I have asked you this.. but are any of them identical? I LOVED my 14 week ultrasound, they look like real babies. I still remember seeing them and not believing my eyes. How fun!!! We came back from our 14 wk. ultrasound and watched the DVD over and over again, and we were able to see the little boys.... Jr. parts!!!! So if you REALLY want to know, you might be able to see them already.
I know it seems that the pregnancy goes by SOOO slow, but after you have them you will forget all the many hours spent in bed and on the couch. Now I wish I could spend a day in bed.
Don't buy too many preemie diapers. We bought a ton, and didn't even use them. And now Taylor is almost out of newborn diapers, they grow so fast. SO, if you are going to stock up, buy them at stores that will let you return, or exchange. I am also finding we are going through wipes like crazy. So maybe that is the thing to buy. Who knows anymore.
Well, hang in there!!!!

Morgan said...

I am excited for you guys and I hope that you think of me when you are parasailing in Catalina!!! If you need remindin, rememebr Roz recorded the event!

Tori said...

Love you and your cute babies! Glad to hear all is well,and we still need to plan our get together! Have so much fun on the cruise! You two deserve it. Call me when you get back! Love ya.

Jacee McGuire said...

I love you belly, you are such a cute prego lady! Your babes look great, it is so fun to see them. I can't wait to see pics from your fun vacation. Have a blast! love you

Rick and Angie said...

How exciting! They are just too cute! Have fun on your trip you two!

Hale-O There said...

Ju- I think it is so cool that you get three in one round. They will have so much fun together. The three triplets across the st are always riding their tricycles and playing in the dirt together. my next door neighbor has one set of twins and one set of triplets- she is really on top of things. One of her kids has autism and she puts a lot into that (she's a bit intense about autism) but I think she'd be full of advice, if that is what you are looking for. The husband is probably the most involved dad I've ever seen with their little triplets. I'm sure you and Brack will will be awesome parents!

Hale-O There said...

did I just say "three triplets"
Yes I did graduate, even if you can't tell by my blog comments.

~Paige~ said...

Ju you are a trooper! I hope everything goes great, I can't wait to come visit with my sisters when they are big and healthy! You are going to be an amazing mom. Just remember to take all the help you can, dont try to do too much now and when the babies come!