Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sheryl is FINALLY done :)



Sheryl making a cheesy face for me :)

Last Friday was my mother-in-law Sheryl's last day teaching 7th and 8th grade at Kaysville Jr. High. She is finally retired and the family is so excited for her! I didn't have Sheryl as a teacher because I was a Farmington Husky so I didn't get to enjoy her in class but from what I have heard is she was a funny, silly, hard teacher. We joke in the family that if I had her for a teacher I wouldn't have been able to marry into the family. I was a bit loud and I'm just guessing I would've been in trouble a lot.


Me and Brack at Maddox

Any way, to celebrate the retirement Bracken's aunt JoanE and her family came in town from Denver to surprise Sheryl for the weekend. On Saturday his family treated us and his aunts and uncles to a wonderful lunch up at Maddox. It was delicious and lots of fun. The best part was when Sheryl opened her gift from my father-in-law John. I know I have said this on here before but Sheryl is the biggest Jazz fan I have ever met. She is so funny. She just loves them when they are winning or losing she loves them. So for her gift my father-in-law gave her an authetic signed basketball by the whole Jazz team and coach. It was awesome. She was seriously freaking out. Any way, all in all it was a really fun day. Thanks John and Sheryl for the yummy lunch.


The brother's Ben and Blake (they are single ladies!)


Brack's aunt and uncles, Bruce, JoanE and Ron

The rest of the weekend was spent with Bracken's family but the batteries in my camera died so there are no pictures. Saturday night we went and Brack played basketball with his cousins and we went swimming and just hung out. Then Sunday was another one of his cousins baby blessings so we went to that and then hung out at his parents the rest of the day playing basketball, talking, eating, and playing a little guitar hero. It was a fun weekend with family!

8 comments:

Marce said...

oooo we looovveee maddox! Mike is so jealous! we should go there together sometime...what do you think?? (p.s. yes, i'm seriously here typing to you with NO baby. grr) anyway- i love you and hope to see you soon! xoxo

Blair and Lyndsay said...

Hey Ju! Good to here from you! I know...I finally joined in on the blogging craziness! Where do you live?....you said it was close to me? We should definately get together! You look great by the way!

ThE oLdHaM's said...

Thanks for welcoming me into the blogging world. It is very fun! I had your husbands teacher for class and I don't think that she liked me very much, cause I was especially chatty.

Rozalyn said...

WHAT! she can't retire I loved her class. I wanted my kids to have her as a teacher :)

ClaysJenna said...

How fun! I had her as my teacher in Jr. High! I enjoyed her class:) Sad she is done! (for students, probably good for her:) ) And Maddox is DELICIOUS!! jealous you went:)

Jenna Flom

Boonie and Jenn said...

Oh hey Ju! It has been so long since I have seen you. How have you been? I loved her as a teacher too!

Jordan and Hollie said...

Hey Julianne! Ya I know I am a loser because I added you and didn't tell you that I have a blog. I am actually working at Oakridge dental in Farmington. It is so awesome to be done, I love it. Kim Bouwhuis is in your ward?! She is one of my good friends from hygiene. She is moving to Virginia in a couple of weeks. She is a really cute girl.

jEsSiCa said...

Hey cute girl! I'm so glad you found us. . . you guys look so great! Tell you adorable mother-in-law "Congrats!" on retiring! That is so awesome for her. She helped me truly love English. Oh, and I love your bangs by the way! :)