Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dallas Vacation

We are now home from our vacation. I need to update a little before I go into the information on the vacation.

First off...I FINALLY finished my medical transcription course! YEAH! I took my final before I left but it is a 2 week wait to see if I passed, it was a long 2 weeks. But I PASSED! It feels so good to be done, it was a really hard and well worth it. Now I start the job search, lucky me!

Now for the vacation...we headed to Dallas, well Flower Mound to be exact (just north of Dallas), for an 8 day get away. It was so good to see family! Our niece Kenslee is the cutest little thing ever. She is 2 1/2 and geting so big! We don't get to see them nearly as much as we would like so it was good to be able to spend a full week with her. Almost every morning she would come and wake Bracken and me up, she would ask us to put her down for a nap and to bed every single time, she would want to play 24 hours a day, and she would giggle, giggle, giggle. What a cutie! There are so many pictures that I am going to do a slide show with most of them, but here is a little description of what we did.

Saturday we went to the Ringling Brother's circus and to lunch at a true BBQ place. Bracken was in heaven!!

Sunday was a lazy day, we slept, read books, went to the lake to throw rocks, and then went to church at 1:30. I would die if I had that church time, especially with kids.

Monday was our shopping day. We went to some nice stores. My favorite was Sam Moon, it was a store of purses, jewelry, and hair stuff. That is my kind of store.

Tuesday we went down to the Fort Worth Stockyards. That is real country! Brack of course loved it. We did a little shopping in the shops, then at 11:30 every day they have longhorn cows walk down the street like a little parade. After that, we went to see Billy Bob's (a big Texas thing I guess), and went to lunch. By that time the heat was too much to take so we headed home. That afternoon we of course had to go swimming.

Wednesday Bracken and I went to Dallas to the JFK museum. It was really neat to go to. We really enjoyed it. We were able to see exactly where the gun man stood, where JFK was, and the grassy knoll. Then we did more shopping that day and babysat our niece that night while her parents went out. She was such a cutie and is such a good girl.

Thursday we headed to the Fort Worth Zoo, it was huge! It was such a cool zoo. It ended up being extremely hot but still it was fun. After all the heat we had to go swimming that afternoon.

Friday we took my niece to Chuckee Cheese and did some shopping. That night we went to another BBQ place called Red, Hot, and Blue. It was very yummy! Then Saturday we came home. It was a good getaway and we loved being with our family. Thanks Billy and Jacee for letting us stay and for all that you did for us there! We miss you guys already!

Ok, enough talking, enjoy the pictures!

10 comments:

Jacee McGuire said...

CONGRATS on passing your test! I am so HAPPY for ya. Hopefully you find a job that you will like soon. We miss you guys. We loved having you here. Keep us posted on your job hunt! love ya

ClaysJenna said...

Looks like the trip was so much fun!! Let me know where you find a job at! That is so exciting you passed! Good job!!!

Kristy and Dave said...

Cute pictures from Dallas, and congratulations on passing your test! That's great news--you'll have to let me know when you get a job. Oh, and my job is at a marketing company and I basically coordinate email and direct mail campaigns for clients...exciting, huh? You and Bracken need to come visit us sometime.

Marce said...

love the vacation update!!! and holy smokes, CONGRATS on finishing the transcriptionist stuff. that must be a huge RELIEF!!! i hope you find a job soon...job hunting BITES! how are you doing? i miss you, friend!

Rozalyn said...

your vacation looked like it was so much fun!! I am totally going with you on sunday, just let me know what time and where!

Hale-O There said...

sweet slide show- looks like a ton of fun. good luck on the job hunt- thats always stressful!

melissa hogle said...

Cute slide show! I finally emailed you back....sorry it took so long!!!! I love you! Nice work on finishing your transcription stuff!!! email me back!!! COME VISIT!

Megs said...

Sounds and looks like a great trip! Congrats on passing that test.

jodie rae said...

Hey babe- I'm finally getting the hang of this blogging thing! (It only took me two months... haha) But Congrats on your test and what a fun trip you had! I miss ya girl!

Marce said...

so, i tried calling you today...and a man named dave answered the phone. i must have entered your number wrong?? (got a new phone this summer so it's a possiblity?? who knows. but it would explain me texting you lately and never getting a response!!! haha, i'm such a dork ) i miss you and would lvoe to see you. hope you're happy and well xoxo